The Cadence of Hyrule version 1.2.0 patch notes is here! According to the Nintendo announcement, the first of three DLC packs for Cadence of Hyrule was released on Nintendo Switch recently.
If you’ve been curious about what exactly has been adjusted under the hood, here’s a closer look!
Developer Brace Yourself Games has shared the patch notes for the game’s version 1.2.0 update, which you can read in detail below.
Along with new DLC characters becoming available for purchase, the update also adds a new game mode modifier and various tweaks/fixes.
PATCH NOTES 1.2.0
- Character DLC now available! Play through any game mode as Impa, Frederick (Shopkeeper), Aria, Shadow Link, or Shadow Zelda. Includes a new game mode: all characters mode, and 1 alternate outfit for each character (changeable at sheikah stones)
- added a new game mode modifier: mystery mode
- changed behavior of some enemies to have them better avoid falling in holes
- changed Octavo’s haste ability to be speed capped in the same way as peaceful area movement or fixed-beat movement
- added portals to dungeon mode to allow the player to restart a zone from the boss area
- added 2 extra weapons in dungeon mode, in zones 2 and 3
- changed dungeon mode to not regenerate the dungeon after death when playing in a seeded mode
- added a display of the random seed to the post-game screen, and make it briefly visible after a quick-restart
- fixed “bounce-canceling”, an exploit that could allow the player to be stuck hovering at a specific height
- fixed a bug/exploit involving using the inventory screen to cancel a bow or power glove action
- fixed a bug where characters would continuously swap equipment if they picked up a new item while standing on a bridge or object
- fixed a bug where the contents of certain objects (crates, bushes, etc) could be duplicated using the power glove
- fixed a bug where “Quick Restart” in a co-op game would then start a new game in single-player mode
- fixed a bug in dungeon generation where bounce traps could be generated adjacent to doors
- fixed a bug where picking up an item while sliding on ice could cause the player to slide too far
- fixed a bug where using the hook shot and the “haste” ability could cause the step count to be incremented incorrectly
- fixed an issue where helper characters in the Ganon battle could get stuck with glass weapons, and then lose their only available weapon after getting hit
- fixed some bugs involving player movement around wind traps
- fixed an issue where heart pieces could disappear if the player left the screen without picking them up
- fixed some bugs relating to unusable items appearing for Yves
- fixed an issue where Yves could unburrow inside certain larger enemies, causing them to get stuck
- fixed a bug where the shrine of death could allow the player to skip Necrodancer phase 3
- many other bug fixes
Remember, this patch is available right now – so all you need to do is connect to the internet to download it. Meanwhile, the first DLC pack containing five new characters will cost $5.99 USD from the Switch eShop.